Senior Analyst, Global EHS Business
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Provide enterprise-wide leadership and business support for Environmental, Health and Safety business systems. Through a good understanding of EHS business process and EHS data needs, drive enhancement of the current and new EHS Business Systems to be able to forecast/predict EHS trends, to comply with regulatory reporting needs, to provide notifications of EHS Events, to serve as a data warehouse, etc. Partner with internal EHS Teams and guide them in their understanding of the EHS Business Systems as well as work with them to understand their data needs related to their EHS processes. Translate the business requirements and partner with the BTS organization to identify/adapt and implement technology to meet EHS business needs
- Oversight and management of Global EHS business systems that support process and data management needs for injury/illness, electronic medical records, audits/inspections, observations, environmental/health/safety metrics, internal/external reporting/compliance, risk assessments, etc. and drive strategic initiatives to meet business needs.
- Understand EHS business strategies, goals and priorities in order to maintain and lead updates to the Global EHS Long Range Plan. Partner with the BTS organization to outline technology gaps and opportunities that will meet EHS business needs.
- Interact with EHS Teams to provide enterprise-wide leadership for EHS Business Systems and promote user adoption. Understand global and site/affiliate EHS objectives/business processes/ data needs. Influence/demonstrate how current/new Business Systems can reduce for errors, assist in trending and internal/regulatory reporting, data collection, etc. Understand functionality of EHS Business systems, stakeholders, and business processes that the systems support. Translate this functionality to end user via training, communications, etc.
- Translate business process info gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Partner with BTS and Solution Providers to analyze tools that meet process/data mgmt needs and implement effective technology solutions that meet the needs. Work is performed and technical decisions are made with clear partnership and as result this position requires a good understanding of the EHS business and moderate understanding of technology. Partner with BTS to expand data analytics capabilities to predictive analytics.
- Manage projects, develop project plans and monitor performance. Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements. Participate in systems testing to ensure objectives are met. Implement training initiatives that include development of training documentation and delivery.
- Problem solve/troubleshoot when issues arise. Partner with BTS organization to also assist with technology related problem solving/trouble shooting, testing strategies and developing preliminary findings. Apply analytical thinking skills to diagnose and incorporate knowledge of business process and technology to make recommendations and decisions.
- Review and approve technology updates, supplier technology assessments, system permission requests, etc
- Evaluate EHS business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, develop optimization strategies, and implement solutions.
- Effectively communicate system updates/metrics, optimization opportunities, initiatives, financial updates to Senior EHS Leadership. Communicate system updates, insights, system training, and initiatives to cross-functional team members.
- Benchmark with external companies and system providers to learn new strategies and system platforms that could be applied to internal solutions.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health & Safety, computer science, or informational technology
- Minimum of three years of Environmental Health and Safety experience is required
- Experience in managing multiple technical projects at same time is required
- Experience in understanding business processes and how to translate, define and map processes is required
- Minimum of 2 years data analytics and/or IT technology experience is required. EHS IT technology experience is preferred. Testing experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within and lead cross-functional teams as well as ability to work independently
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.