Immunology Sales Representative, Beverly Hills - CA
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Headquartered in the Chicagoland Area, AbbVie is a global research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. With market leadership in attractive growth segments including Immunology, Oncology, Aesthetics, and Eye Care, AbbVie employs approximately 47,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 175 countries.
An unparalleled and recognized leader in this therapeutic area for over a decade, the AbbVie U.S. Immunology organization is seeking Sales Representatives to help support the continued and exciting growth of its Dermatology franchise.
- Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs, financial targets, marketing objectives, etc. in order to meet or exceed on those objectives.
- Create pre-call plan using SMART objectives and execute post-call evaluation to continuously improve sales performance. Effectively handle objections, misunderstandings, concerns and consistently gain logical and reasonable calls to action in order to close on every sales call.
- Proactively and continuously aspire to serve customer needs, customer expectations and challenges to build trusted customer relationships and to achieve win-win agreements between AbbVie and customers.
- Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set call metrics and optimizes coverage and frequency to key customers to maximize access and sales opportunities.
- Continuously build understanding of customer needs and expectations, territory market landscape, competitors, market segments/dynamics, accounts, disease, product, clinical and sales expertise and share this market intelligence information with in-field team, brand team and sales manager to achieve alignment, to anticipate environmental changes and challenges and to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
- Differentiate AbbVie’s value proposition with assigned health care providers and identify, develop, and maintain disease state experts and speakers/advocates in order to maximize brand performance.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in biological sciences, pharmacy, business related field, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience of proven track record of success in selling and solid presentation skills. Proactively identifies customer style/behavior and quickly adapts all aspects of selling approach.
- Demonstrates in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product, and competitive knowledge and is recognized as an expert resource by all relevant stakeholders. Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities.
- Operates effectively in a matrix environment.
- Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities to address challenges.
- Provides impact with ideas for the larger organization and anticipates and responds to changes.
- Influences others and is viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers. Builds collaborative partnership with district colleagues and matrix team, etc. Leads by example; consistently displays positive behaviors and peer coaching through changing and challenging environments.
- Understands and leverages findings to develop sales strategies.
- An essential requirement of your position is to meet health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing requirements to gain access into facilities and organizations that are in your assigned territory. These HCIR credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases.
- Preferred: Proven track record of success in sales performance within respective therapeutic areas. Commercial pharmaceutical industry experiences such as physician/account-based selling, training, managed health care or marketing preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.