Senior Scientist I - DMPK - BA ( Bioanalysis )
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Scientist I: Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics, and Bioanalysis – AbbVie Inc.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com.
The Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics & Bioanalysis Department at AbbVie has an opening for a Senior Scientist I position in North Chicago, IL. The successful candidate will be responsible for non-regulated quantitative LC-MS/MS bioanalysis of small molecules, including data analysis, and interpretation. This position will also lead a group focused on the quantitation of small molecules from in vitro samples.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a team of 4 scientists, overseeing the bioanalysis of in-vitro DDI and Clearance assays
- Serve as interface and resource to other leaders for development and analysis of new assays
- Propose ideas and implement workstreams or technologies to improve processes and confidence in data quality
- Perform quantitative LC-MS/MS of small molecules from various bio-matrices in-vivo and in-vitro to support PK/PD, ADME, efficacy and exploratory toxicology studies.
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot LC-MS/MS systems
- PhD (0 years), M.S. (8+ years), or B.S. (10+ years) in analytical chemistry or related field with relevant academic/pharmaceutical industry experience
- Excellent people, presentation, and communication skills
- Highly motivated individual, self-driven with the flexibility to quickly adapt to different projects, and a proven ability to work cross-functionally, in a collaborative fast-paced team environment
- Passion for data analysis with attention to detail, solving technical problems and applying new technologies to further scientific goals
- Proven experience operating and troubleshooting current LC-MS/MS platforms (Agilent HPLCs, Leap/CTC PAL and ADDA autosamplers, Sciex API-5500/6500 triple quad Mass Spectrometers) and software (e.g. Discovery Quant, Analyst, Electronic notebook)
- Knowledge of in vitro DDI and Clearance assays (PAMPA, Metabolic Stability, DDI/TDI, Protein Binding, etc…) with an understanding of both experimental design and analytical practices
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.