AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The AEM Architect in the Web Platforms team is responsible for leading all the technical application architecture and development activities of AbbVie’s US Commercial instance of the Adobe Experience Cloud platform. S/he will support AbbVie’s digital marketing programs, specifically creation and migration of websites and the associated technical capabilities developed on the AEM platform. The individual will work closely with business and technology leads including managers, analysts, architects, project managers, user experience leads as well as external agencies and partners. The individual will operate as an AEM subject matter expert and will be the point person for all technical and functional capabilities of the AEM platform. S/he will report directly to the Associate Director Web Platforms team in the Marketing Technology Services organization.
Qualified candidates must have proven experience with the Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe Marketing/Experience Cloud applications.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on AEM, content management, marketing automation, analytics & targeting capabilities.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the AEM platform.
- Lead technical design sessions to architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with business objectives.
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of an AEM implementation
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces leveraging the Adobe platform, including AEM/CQ, CRX, OSGI, DAM etc.
- Provide architectural guidance on Infrastructure, Performance, and scalability aspects of AEM and its complete solution stack including Authors, Publishers, Dispatchers, CDN etc.
- Hands on expertise in modern web technologies and architectural patterns specifically RESTful integrations.
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers in an onsite/offshore model.
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used.
- Provide detailed estimates and lead solution architecture development.
- Collaborate with team members and business stakeholders to promote re-use of application architecture, templates, and components.
- Establish standards and guidelines for effective use of the AEM solutions, their integration within the Adobe platform, and integration with other core AbbVie systems.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years experience, Master's Degree with 6 years experience, or PhD with 2 years experience of solid, diverse work experience in IT, application program development. Bachelor's degree, Master's Degree, or PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Must have hands on Adobe Experience Manager Experience in a Digital marketing or Information technology organization with an enterprise scale AEM implementation.
- 7 or more years of technology experience in a digital marketing organization with hands-on experience leading, developing, and architecting digital websites and capabilities.
- Strong experience in leading, developing and architecting digital experience applications including websites, content management capabilities, web and mobile capabilities leveraging Adobe Experience cloud applications such as AEM, ACM, Analytics etc.
- Proven experience in rolling out global application platforms leveraging the Adobe Experience cloud platform.
- Experienced in AGILE delivery model and hands-on expertise with modern DevOps practices in relation to AEM & custom code management – including but not limited to – GIT, Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Sonar, JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions with the goal to create a scalable and reusable business solution.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past technology experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial fast paced environment.
- Strong IT analysis and analytical skills.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Passionate and committed to strive for delivery excellence.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.