Manager, Customer Experience I/II - Consumer
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Customer Experience (CX) Manager I / II is responsible for playing an integral role on the extended cross-functional support team for US Area Consumer Marketing franchise teams. As a member of the Commercial Analytics & Operations (CA&O) organization supporting our consumer brand franchises, the CX Manager will bring Digital/CRM subject matter expertise to strategic brand plans and have responsibility for ensuring the Customer Experience is optimized for Consumer/Patients.
The CX Manager – Consumer Planning is part of the US CA&O Customer Experience team and will be responsible for Consumer Customer Experience (CX) Marketing efforts involving:
- Envisioning, planning & executing multi-channel marketing programs to meet assigned brands’ short & longer-term objectives, in collaboration with brand teams;
- Pull through of a differentiated and insights-driven consumer customer experience, leading the orchestration and alignment of touchpoints across the customer journey.
- Supporting at least 1 major enterprise-wide multi-channel capability area; and
- Providing leadership support on other key projects as needed to achieve broader department and/or AbbVie goals
This role will also be accountable for bringing expertise and leadership support to advance the Digital Transformation key priorities. Specifically, developing and maintaining brand experience designs, ensuring adherence of customer privacy and compliance practices, drafting of marketing campaign business rules and requirements, as well as identifying and partnering with Analytics teams to develop and utilize sound measurement/reporting constructs for all programs. The Consumer CX Manager will also ensure that all Digital/CRM activities align and integrate well with the existing Digital/CRM omnichannel ecosystem.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Be an in-house expert on Consumer multi-channel solutions:
- Expert on all AbbVie multi-channel marketing solutions (e.g., digital/non-digital, consumer) whether developed in-house or by external partners/vendors
- Support discovery & vetting of new multi-channel marketing vendors or solutions that could fit future AbbVie brand needs
- Envision, prioritize, and implement multi-channel solutions that deliver measurable short & longer-term business impact to assigned brands/franchises
- Develop customized strategies for how to achieve brands’ short- & longer-term objectives using CX principles and solutions
- Adeptly & independently triage the level of execution support for assigned brands’ CX initiatives, to maximize business impact
- Proactively support development of robust measurement plans, and recommend optimizations
- Be a key advisor to & advocate for franchise team leads on CX
- Able to repeat pattern of success for CX across assigned brands over time
- Support at least 1 major enterprise-wide multi-channel capability area to optimize business impact across AbbVie
- Proactively stay abreast of trends & developments related to channel or solution
- Maintain a “playbook” with best practices, learnings, and common frameworks and approaches that can be utilized across AbbVie brands
- Lead training, development of cross-brand approaches, or issue resolution as needed, on behalf of the rest of the CX and Marketing
- Envision, prioritize, and implement changes/enhancements, to optimize CX solution’s impact across the AbbVie business over time
- Lead other CX key projects as needed to achieve broader department and/or AbbVie goals
- Lead pathfinding brands on proof of concepts/pilots for emerging digital capabilities.
- Provide brand team support to manage the development and completion of execution plans (timelines) from start to finish for CRM/Digital programs (ie. Social, email, website touchpoints).
- Collaborate effectively in a matrixed environment with Brand Marketing, Creative/CRM/Digital agencies, Media, Market Research, Analytics, Business Technology Solutions (BTS), Sales Operations, and Medical/Regulatory/Legal integrated business partners.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Brand customer insights, journey and segmentation strategies - and apply them to CRM/Digital campaigns and programs.
- Lead cross-functional team (Brand/CX/MABI/Agency) to design and implement ideal customer experience aligned to journey phases and strategic messaging strategy.
- Provide input and inspiration through active participation in the annual brand strategy and tactical planning process.
- Partner closely with Medical/Regulatory/Legal/Privacy partners to educate, lead and help AbbVie anticipate and balance organizational needs with pilots. Present capabilities and garner buy-in/feedback from senior leadership across various stakeholder functional areas.
- Troubleshoot roadblocks and identify creative and compliant solutions to facilitate forward motion of new initiatives.
- Provide CRM/Digital execution and response channel/tactic expertise across all channels (e.g. Email, Web, Mobile Apps, Social)
- Develop detailed digital campaign business requirements for patient support services and CRM lead generation, acquisition and retention. (e.g. CRM database management)
- Collaborate with Brand team to recommend and build feasible campaign and program test & learn plans to inform optimization recommendations. Develop and manage tactic test plans/QC before, during and after campaign launch
- Guide creative agencies to ensure the development of relevant, 1:1 creative and messaging, including CRM/Digital marketing best practices.
- Understand and execute data capture and data privacy (opt management) consistently across all channels.
- Identify new or unique Brand CRM/Digital data requirements needed for program.
- Ability to work and lead independently initiatives without day to day supervision
- Able to prioritize & gracefully manage competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborative nature and ability to influence and guide cross-functional stakeholders.
- Exceptional functional knowledge and expertise on digital marketing platforms.
- e.g. CRM, email marketing best practices, marketing cloud technology
- Acumen for how digital agencies operate: scope of work process/mgmt., timelines
- Inquisitive, strong analytical skills, including the ability to infer and apply learnings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and follow-through on execution.
- Strong project management abilities and critical work tool experience.
- e.g. Excel, Visio, MS Project, PowerPoint
Key AbbVie Leadership Competencies:
- Positive “all for one” approach to team deliverables and priorities.
- Builds strong relationships to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment and open to suggestions.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Demonstrate a “servant-leader” approach while bringing deep subject matter expertise
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five (5+) years of CRM/Digital experience.
- Demonstrated experience with start-to-finish planning/executing multi-channel digital marketing/CRM programs, including: websites, email, emerging media tactics, mobile (apps/sites/media/SMS), SEO/SEM, social media/social listening.
- Must have thorough understanding of measuring impact of digital/CRM including social analytics, SEO measurement/management, digital/mobile metrics.
- Strong track record of success in managing multiple, complex project needs and collaborating across internal & external stakeholders
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience with enterprise CRM/Database/ESP platforms in an operational/executional capacity.
- Strong familiarity with multichannel/digital marketing tools and vendors
- Must have experience with personalization, 1:1 approaches/data capture techniques (ie. email, addressable media, dynamic web), application of legal/privacy terms & conditions.
- Must have experience identifying and outlining key campaign metrics (KPIs) and building campaign pro-formas/measurement plans/marketing analytics.
- Experience in pharmaceuticals or another highly-regulated industry preferred, but may not be required for a candidate with an exceptional track record of success in planning & implementing multichannel programs that can apply to AbbVie.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.