Director, Statistical Innovation
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Director in Statistics in Statistical Innovation is responsible for providing scientific and statistical leadership to lead or collaborate with other functions on important clinical development and DSS innovation initiatives and projects using advanced statistical methodology, advanced predictive modeling and ML.
- Lead or collaborate with other functions on important clinical development or DSS innovation initiatives using advanced statistical methodology, advanced predictive modeling and ML.
- Lead high priority statistical excellence working group(s) to investigate novel methodologies to provide technical report and guidance/best practice to DSS statisticians
- Provide strategic and technical input to clinical development programs on innovative statistical methodologies and approaches to enable development options to potentially increase efficiency
- Provide strategic consulting and simulation to internal or external partners on innovation related projects
- Propose and drive the opportunities to participate in complex innovative design (CID) initiative from FDA
- Stay on top of advanced and emerging statistical methodologies including adaptive designs, Bayesian methods, AI/ML, synthetic control and advanced statistical modeling, and provide education seminars to internal and external partners
- Builds and maintains external reputation and influences in the industry with presentations, attending industry meetings, or authoring articles for peer-reviewed publications.
Level will be based on educational background & years of experience.
- PhD in statistics or related field with at least 10 years of related work experience. MS in statistics or related field with at least 14 years of related work experience. Preferred: Ph.D.
- Strong publication record
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrated expertise in advanced statistical methodologies
- Demonstrated expertise in machine learning and deep learning methodologies and applications
- Shows proficiency in development, implementation, and rollout of statistical tools and techniques (e.g. using R, R-shiny, Python, Julia, etc.) to operationalize key innovative methodologies.
- Proven ability to collaborate and consult with discipline experts and leaders within and across functions.
- Passionate about statistical innovation and always think out of the box and is never satisfied with status quo
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.