Associate Director, Marketing Insights
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Director, Marketing Insights
The Associate Director, Market Research will be a trusted advisor to therapeutic area leadership, leveraging superior customer and marketplace understanding to formulate and execute marketing research programs that deliver insights highlighting business opportunities and guiding brand strategy.
- Act as marketing research lead for designated therapeutic area.
- Builds solid relationships and become a trusted advisor to therapeutic area leadership, guiding brand strategies and tactics based on superior, objective customer insights.
- Create, maintain, and ensure timely execution of the marketing research plans for the designated therapeutic area, driving alignment with brand strategy and adapting to evolving business needs
- Possess an expert understanding of custom research methodologies. Is highly proficient at supplier and stakeholder management, and leading custom research programs to deliver compelling learnings that guide strategic and tactical decisions.
- Lead the Insight discovery process to uncover, define, and refine motivating insights across the customer base.
- Collaborate with and influence the brand team and agency to drive greater business outcomes.
- Inform the brand planning process based on a deep understanding of the market, all stages of the patient journey, and stakeholder influences throughout the journey. Clarify moments of meaning and highlight opportunities to enhance the patient experience. Develop plans to prioritize and address insights gaps across stakeholders.
- Participate actively in the creative development process, informing the creative brief and creative concept development and assessment by representing the voice of the targeted customer
- Maintain organizational knowledge on all insights and performance data generated relative to the therapeutic area supported; including market and competitive trends, health care environmental influences and investment performance against various channels. Possess a strong understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Possess a curiosity and openness to new insight methodologies and a drive to expand the toolkit to better serve the business.
- Collaborate with Centers of Excellence within the Marketing Analytics and Business Insights department (Advanced Analytics, Payor Analytics) to convey to brand teams and leadership holistic, actionable learnings.
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required. MBA or MA preferred. Degree concentration in marketing research or marketing is a strong plus.
- 8+ years relevant marketing research experience, with at least 6 years client side marketing research experience. Previous experience in a consultative role a plus.
- Excellent strategic thinking capabilities and equally excellent tactical execution skills.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Senior Executives.
- Expert knowledge of custom research methodologies.
- Proven experience as a high performer and thought leader.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.