Associate Director, Dermatology Field Training
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Director Field Training - Dermatology
The Associate Director of Field Training is responsible for the team developing the Dermatology sales franchise curriculum for AbbVie US sales representatives and sales management. This person will create, lead and work within cross functional teams made of participants from Training, Medical/ Clinical experts, Marketing, Sales Management, Medical, Regulatory, Legal, MHC, other AbbVie Groups and external vendor partners. They must be confident in and comfortable with cross functional team structure and adept at collaboration /influence management. Position will also require manager to provide training design / development support. Leads and manages initiative and program design efforts involving external and internal organizations.
Leading the training strategy development process, including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of performance focused training curricula to continuously improve the capabilities of the AbbVie US Sales Organization overall and specifically, the Sales Franchise.
Developing the franchise training team (National Sales Trainers) through effective coaching and leadership to deliver success in current trainer role and for development into future commercial leadership opportunities within AbbVie.
- Building effective relationships to work collaboratively with Senior Commercial Leaders, Cross-functional partners, Sales Excellence and other groups leading AbbVie learning initiatives, to drive performance through consistent development and delivery of effective commercial training.
- Responsible for implementing training curriculum to elevate the field base team efficacy in the areas of product and therapeutic knowledge, selling skills & objection handling as well as the competitive landscape.
- Take a lead role in development of strategy related to field training for both established and launch brands. Work cross-functionally with both brand teams to execute structured and timely training initiatives that elevate the field sales force and leadership teams.
This person must also:
- Effectively represent the Field Training leadership team
- Build and lead a team of highly effective trainers that build curriculum that fosters development of AbbVie Leadership Attributes and advances selling capabilities to drive performance within assigned sales franchises.
- Interact with and influence all levels of line management to plan, design and develop learning strategies that will contribute to the achievement of related business objectives for assigned sales franchises.
- Demonstrates a passion for driving excellence, with a focus on performance results that fosters accountability within self, direct reports, the Field Training department, commercial stakeholders, nurse ambassadors and training participants.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products specifically:
- 8-15years’ experience in pharmaceutical / healthcare sales and sales management with demonstrated success in developing & leading effective sales teams required
- Strategic thinking & business planning skills, necessary to diagnose needs, develop, direct, and influence commercial training and organizational development strategies.
- Project management experience, managing cross-functional teams and/or external partners through large projects or initiatives.
- Experience in marketing, sales management, and/or commercial training preferred
- Knowledge of instructional design systems or extensive experience in training, development of training and curriculum design
- Experience in selling, negotiating and influencing without authority within complex commercial accounts
Marketing or sales leadership experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.