Sr. Manager, Project Management - Aesthetic Devices
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Project Manager, Allergan Aesthetics Medical Device will drive cross-functional teams to bring innovative medical products to market. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the effective management (organization, planning, execution, control, and evaluation) of all aspects of medical device projects in R&D. These include development and launch of new products, achieving new clinical indications and global expansion of existing products.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- The Senior Project Manager will manage the cross-functional plan and drive the execution through cross-functional deliverables teams, building the global strategy, ensuring milestones, goals, risk and budget are achieved.
- The Senior Project Manager will enable effective collaboration with R&D governance boards, communicate project status to management and provide resolution options/recommendations for project issues.
- The Senior Project Manager will provide decision analysis expertise and tools to the project teams for strategic planning and operational execution.
- The Senior Project Manager provides training and coaching of project teams on processes including product development process, team model, project governance, development plans, critical path, decision trees and project financials.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline.
- PMP certification is helpful but not required.
- A passionate project manager with good experience in medical device product development pathway.
- 8 years’ experience in medical device R&D environment, including 5 years as Project Manager or equivalent.
- Expert in medical device product development and the interdependencies of individual development activities. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for product registration on global basis. Experience of product development and regulatory requirements in areas such as pharmaceuticals or skincare products is a plus.
- Expert in the application of project management software and ability to utilize R&D project and portfolio management systems.
- Proven negotiation, issue resolution and team building skills.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.