Supply Chain Lead, US Oncology Market Access
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is striving to outsmart cancer by working with scientists, physicians, industry peers, patient advocacy groups and, most importantly, patients to discover, develop, and provide new therapies that will have a remarkable impact on the lives of people around the world affected by cancer. Our goal is to provide medicines that make a transformational improvement in cancer treatment and outcomes for cancer patients. By exploring and investing in new pathways, technologies, and approaches, AbbVie is breaking ground in some of the most widespread and difficult-to-treat cancers. We are also exploring solutions to help patients obtain access to our cancer medicines. With the acquisition of Pharmacyclics in 2015, Stemcentrx in 2016, and Genmab in 2020, and through several collaborations, AbbVie's oncology portfolio consists of marketed medicines and a pipeline containing multiple new molecules being actively evaluated worldwide in 200+ clinical trials in 20+ different cancers and tumor types. For more information about AbbVie Oncology, please visit https://abbvieoncology.com.
The Supply Chain Lead, US Oncology Market Access, will lead a direct report and be responsible for developing, implementing and enhancing programs and contracting initiatives within the Pharmacy and Distribution channels. This position is responsible for supporting VENCLEXTA, an oral oncolytic jointly commercialized by AbbVie and Genentech (an external partner organization). VENCLEXTA is approved in two hematology indications, CLL and Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), and in Phase 3 clinical development for other indications, including Multiple Myeloma. This role will also be responsible for future AbbVie oncology products (the role is not responsible for Imbruvica since it is co-promoted under an agreement between PCYC and Janssen). The individual will foster teamwork across multiple stakeholders, marketing and field sales, and collaborate with the Oncology Integrated Brand Team - informing investment decisions and making recommendations supported with financial analyses. The role will be part of the US Oncology Market Access team, report to the General Manager of US Oncology Market Access and support the U.S. Oncology franchise.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Supply Chain Planning and Implementation – effectively develop, communicate and implement the vision, strategy and tactics for US Oncology.
- Distribution Plan – Determine appropriate distribution models and execute specialty and retail pharmacy contracts (including product discount, data, and services).
- Pharmacy Services – Develop a comprehensive strategy for pharmacy services aligned to brand objectives and provide key insights to inform brand strategy. Seek to improve the patient onboarding and support programs offered through the SPs to ensure optimal care, out of pocket support and adherence to therapy.
- Pharmacy Marketing Materials – Lead the development and creation of high-impact promotional material that supports stakeholder needs and brand strategic objectives.
- Pharmacy Enhancement of Brand Care Models - Identify, support and execute pharmacy services that are aligned with and advance the capabilities of the brand patient care programs.
- Contract Management - Execute and manage pharmacy contracts for each Brand, collaborating with the Contract Operations and Market Analytics Business Insights teams to measure performance against expected results.
- Forecast Support - Work with Demand Planning to ensure product is produced at the necessary level, by sku, and inform brand forecasts.
- Demand Planning - Work with Customer Service and the Wholesaler Account Executives and Specialty Pharmacy Account Executives to ensure appropriate inventory levels to support Rx dispensing.
- Drive Results – Develop and maintain SP KPI’s to monitor and improve performance, working with cross-functional partners to leverage SP data. Influence and educate the sales force to deliver impactful initiatives through their stakeholders and ensure pharmacy contracts are performing and compliant.
- Specialty Pharmacy Services Model – Lead the development and establish the AbbVie standard for Specialty Pharmacy high-touch services.
- Compliance - Ensure that regulatory and legal restrictions and guidance are followed.
- Department Operations – Manage the P&L responsibilities for projects related to sales and promotional budgets. Create the business case to secure budget from Brand Team, and complete projects on time and on budget.
- Cross-functional Collaboration – Fosters strong working relationships with the Brand Marketing, Market Access Payer Marketing, Legal, Regulatory and Marketing Analytics teams as well as external collaboration partners.
- Industry Expertise – Stay current on industry trends and anticipates future changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Pharmaceutical Marketing experience, including program and/or product management/ marketing
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical experience with cross-functional experiences including field sales, finance, market analytics, brand marketing are all valued.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude required.
- Experience leading and coaching a team to achieve results
- Ability to develop and manage projects cross-functionally; success in a matrix environment
- Strong communicator
- Strategic and analytical thinker, problem solver
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Knowledge of marketing concepts within strategic planning process and understanding of market research principles to draw valid conclusions and inform recommendations
- Market access and/ or oncology experience
- Supply Chain experience (working Specialty Distributors, Specialty Pharmacies)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.