Pilot Plant Process Technician – Fermentation & Recovery
It’s an exciting time to be part of the IFF family. We are a global leader in taste, scent and nutrition, offering our customers a wide range of science-based solutions. We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to join our team as a Process Technician in our R&D pilot plant in Palo Alto, CA at the Genencor® Technology Center. In this role you will be part of a team applying cutting edge biotechnology to address customer needs in a wide range of industrial applications.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant laboratory or pilot plant experience. (Experience with in a GMP environment is a plus)
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Experience with biological systems and aseptic techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work and collaborate with a team
- Basic computer skills. (Experience with computer-based process control systems a plus)
- Ability to learn emergent systems and cope with new environments
- Strong communication skills to create rapport both within and outside of immediate work team to generate smooth workflow and collaboration
- A high school diploma with relevant experience or associate’s degree in a technical or sciences field.
- As part of a team, this person will be responsible for the operation of various sized bioreactors or downstream unit operations, monitoring biological processes, and proper documentation.
- Duties include media preparation, tank batching, equipment maintenance, contamination monitoring, and analytical processing to support fermentation operations.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to increase quality and service levels, improve process safety, efficiency, and reliability.
- Provide lab support on weekend shifts when required
- Provide support to other operations labs as necessary
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace. Visit IFF.com/careers to learn more about our Equality Policy