Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on harnessing the power of targeted DNA integration. Graphite Bio uses next-generation CRISPR based technology platforms for developing curative gene correction-based stem cell therapies for serious and life-threatening genetic diseases with inadequate existing treatment options
We are looking for an enthusiastic Contracts Specialist to join our growing team. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for a wide variety of contract activity across the organization. Reporting initially to the COO, the successful candidate will function as the internal resource to organize, and execute our contracting approach. The Contract Specialist will partner across the organization, as well as engage with our external vendors and customers
What You Will Do:
- Oversee Graphite Bio's contract organization and maintenance
- Manage organize, and store paper and electronic versions of all contracts and other documents
- Help negotiate, draft, and manage agreements necessary for our day-to-day operations. These agreements include Service Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, and Scopes of Work
- Collaborating with other departments to coordinate contract review and facilitate the end-to-end process
- Manage contract steps including review and approvals for contract terms and conditions with internal stakeholders, manage changes and ensure delivery of fully executed contracts aligned in priorities with the business
- Help to draft and implement company policies and procedures.
- Develop templates for use by internal clients and legal team.
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure contractual issues are addressed efficiently.
- Take on initiatives and special projects to improve corporate processes, accelerate contract throughput, etc.
- Provide training on contract matters and other legal issues that affect internal clients
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- A BS preferably Life Sciences, as well as knowledge and experience of business and contract management.
- Paralegal certification preferred but not required
- 3+ years of relevant experience in contract management
- Excellent organization skills, with demonstrable experience of applying
- Independent thought, judgment, and analysis of contracts, including identification of legal and business-related issues and their resolution.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Strong organizational ability to navigate through ambiguity and thrive in fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities, and the ability to quickly adjust to shifting priorities and demanding deadlines when necessary.
- Have a commitment to meeting all deadlines on time
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong analytical thinking and excellent attention to detail.
Fit with Graphite Bio's culture:
Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual
Values-based leadership consistent with Graphite Bios' Core Values
Excitement about the vision and mission of Graphite Bio
Competitive salary with equity
Free on-site gym access
Free on-site meals and coffee bar
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.