HUYABIO is the leader in accelerating the global development of novel biopharmaceutical product opportunities originating in China enabling faster, more cost-effective and lower-risk drug development in international markets. Through extensive collaboration with biopharmaceutical, academic and commercial organizations, it has built the largest China-sourced compound portfolio covering all therapeutic areas. With offices in the US, Japan, South Korea, Canada, Ireland and eight strategic locations across China, the Company has become a partner of choice to accelerate product development and maximize value globally.
HUYABIO is seeking a goal-oriented successful professional for a fast-paced Company with international operations to support our overall growth through clinical development of our programs, HUYABIO is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic, goal-oriented individual to take an active role in strategic planning. You will report to the SVP of Strategic Planning. The successful candidate will help us maintain our competitive advantage and allocate resources appropriately. Critical thinking is essential to this role. The successful candidate will be analytically driven with strong organizational abilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reporting project status and implement appropriate actions in managing deliverables and risks. Coordinating with department leaders, anticipating changing resource needs, and making appropriate recommendations. Aspects of these job duties may be performed in collaboration with Program Management, Business Development and Finance teams and will need to coordinate activities of stakeholders across the entire corporate structure. The Strategic Planner will also manage cloud-based data rooms, prepare PowerPoint and white paper presentations, assist with “ad hoc” special projects as required, and work with various members of the Executive Leadership team. Align processes, resource planning and department goals with overall strategy with the use of forecasts and analytical models.
This is a San Diego-based position that works in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. Clear, timely, professional, and effective communication with all HUYABIO functional areas and global office sites is essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding and supporting the company’s strategy and mission
- Converting raw data into actionable information
- Using cloud-based data rooms to track due diligence activities and support corporate goals.
- High competence managing and tracking project data and metrics (Key Performance Indicators, milestones, financial) across functional groups using Excel tools and related tracking systems.
- Develop plans to materialize strategy and analyze business proposals.
- Research competition to identify threats and opportunities.
- Assess the company’s operational and strategic performance.
- Familiarity with financial budgeting and forecasting or reporting
- Requires strong attention to detail and the ability to establish priorities, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully within a cross-functional team and a matrix organization.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and offer solutions to challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Life/Health Sciences, Finance, or Management
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in cross functional planning preferred.
- Expertise in managing data rooms preferred.
- Expertise in visual presentation of data required.
- Bilingual English/Mandarin a plus