Rancho BioSciences is seeking to fill a Data Wrangler for Life Sciences position. An ideal candidate is a PhD scientist trained in the Life Sciences who acquired, through either formal training or experience, scripting and data science skills. An ideal candidate for this position will have a strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, superior communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse team.
- PhD scientist with 2-5 years of applicable experience.
- Ability to perform data wrangling and mapping to defined metadata and data standards, primarily using Python or R and associated relevant packages.
- Demonstrated excellence in attention to detail and delivery.
- Use of a strong background in biology and bioinformatics to critically review both scientific literature and other code and apply the concepts/methods therein.
- Willingness to familiarize oneself with new areas of biology and develop new skill sets as needs arise.
- Ability to keep well-documented code, while generating project deliverables on time.
- Superior communication skills – oral and written
- Independently driven and hard working.
- Must be a team player.
- Experience with functioning in a customer-facing role.
- Knowledge of and experience with complex genomics, cytometry, imaging, genetics, and other OMICs platform data, data processing, and data analysis.
- Experience with R/Shiny app development.
- Experience querying and leveraging authoritative biological databases and services (e.g., NCBI, BioMart, etc.) to extract genomic (e.g., transcript coordinates, gene names, aliases, etc.) and other metadata and data.