Scientific Data Strategist
Rancho Biosciences is seeking a Senior Informatician to be a team leader and strategist for providing solutions for life sciences data curation projects, data management, and data integration. This will include setting governance, developing data models, leveraging ontologies, building dictionaries, harmonizing across therapeutic areas and departments with all kinds of life science data.
Rancho BioSciences is an international Data Curation company working with some of the most renowned Pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our team of scientists, curators, computational biologists, biostatisticians and computer scientists are located remotely throughout the world; we support talented people living where they choose, working collaboratively together on projects that have a real impact on human health.
In this role you will:
- You will build data strategies for our clients based on their specific requirements and current needs.
- To do this you will lead a global team of data curators and scientists who have therapeutic domain knowledge alongside scripting skills to achieve life sciences data curation automation goals.
- Collaborate frequently with clinical scientists, statisticians, data curators, terminology experts, and database specialists. Good social and communication skills are a must to work across functions.
- Gather requirements from the client and propose strategic directions and potential solutions to data curation challenges to support their objectives.
- Communicate strategies, ideas, goals, and progress to the customer and the team.
- Plan and implement efforts to provide informatics solutions for laboratory and/or clinical data quality assurance, data management and/or data integration plus governance.
- In collaboration with terminology management and curation teams, support the definition of new data standards, data models, terminologies, and ontologies.
- You will have working knowledge of the latest software tools and platforms in this market sector.
- Provide mentoring and career development to the team of scientists working on deliverables.
- Must have a PhD degree in a Life Sciences field
- 10 years pharma/biotech experience in either laboratory research or computational science domains
- Thorough understanding of pharmaceutical R&D processes and lifecycle of scientific data including generation, management, curation, and integration.
- Experience managing scientific stakeholder relationships is essential.
- Knowledge of the UNIX operating system, and familiarity with a scripting language (e.g., Perl or Python) or a statistical programming environment (e.g., R or SAS) is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable) data guiding principles is highly desirable.
- Understanding of data standards, semantics, terminologies, ontologies, and best practices for data governance is a plus.
- Exposure to public biomedical ontologies and standards consortiums (e.g. OBI, NCI, MedDRA, MeSH, LOINC, Uberon, RxNorm, CDISC, Allotrope, OHDSI, or FHIR) is a plus.
- Experience with scientific data management tools and techniques, informatics systems is a plus.
- Experience translating data processing requirements to both business process solutions and technical solutions
- Independently driven, hardworking and committed
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Detail-oriented and well organized, with an ability to work collaboratively/remotely