Rancho Biosciences is seeking a senior bioinformatics scientist to provide analytical services in a variety of client-facing roles. Work from home while supporting high impact pharmaceutical, academic and institutional science programs. A proven track record of collaborative and independent contributions to genomic, transcriptomic and clinical data projects is required. A working knowledge of modern software tools and best practice method is also critical. This position is a unique opportunity for an individual to make a real impact on human health alongside our team of curators, computational biologists, biostatisticians and computer scientists.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Biology, or related field with 5+ years pharmaceutical industry experience
- Hands-on experience with NGS data and demonstrated expertise in a relevant topic (differential expression, single cell processing and genomic variation skills are in highest demand)
- Amazing communication skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Proficiency in best practice programming with R. Experience with a secondary scripting language (python, perl) is also required, but secondary to R.
- Exposure to public data sources, such as TCGA, CCLE, Ensembl, GTEx, Achilles, etc.
- Drive to learn new analysis methodologies and tools
- Independently driven and hard working
- Experience working in a team of multidisciplinary scientists.
- Experience with writing reports and presenting results to clients