Rancho Biosciences is seeking an experienced technical project manager with the ability and proven track record to successfully manage multiple development projects within a fast-paced, matrix team environment. Prior experience in a customer facing role and a solid background in life sciences is required. This position is a unique opportunity for an individual to make a real impact on human health alongside our team of computer scientists, curators, computational biologists and biostatisticians.
Our professional team enjoy the freedom to work from our offices in San Diego or remotely anywhere in the country. An East Coast location, for this position, is highly desired.
If you are looking for challenging, interesting projects and value working with a talented team, we want to hear from you!
- 3 years Project Management experience
- Strong life sciences background and experience with data management projects
- Detail-oriented and well organized, with an ability to track multiple project budgets and deadlines concurrently
- Amazing communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with development, annotation &/or curation
- Independently driven and hard working
- Must be a team player
Desirable but not required
- Ability to lead developers, manage Jira and run Scrum sessions
- Expert in Agile development
- Experience with Bioinformatics projects
- Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Sciences or a related field
- Desirable but not required: PMP, Certificates in Project management, Leadership courses