Talent Acquisition and People Team Associate/Senior Associate
Century Therapeutics is developing novel allogeneic living cell products for oncology that overcome the limitations of current cell therapies. Century's genetically-engineered, universal iPSC-derived immune effector cell products are designed to specifically target hematologic and solid tumor cancers. Our commitment to developing off-the-shelf cell therapies will expand patient access and provide an unparalleled opportunity to advance the course of cancer care.
Century's foundational technology is built on induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) that have unlimited self-renewing capacity. This enables complex cellular engineering to produce controlled cell banks of modified cells that can be expanded and differentiated into desired immune effector cells, which can supply vast amounts of allogeneic, homogeneous therapeutic products. This platform differentiates Century from other approaches that utilize non-renewable donor-derived cells.
If you are passionate about people, are a true culture carrier, and have a high bar for talent, come join the People Team at Century Therapeutics. CenturyTx is growing and we are looking for a Talent Acquisition Associate to help the organization scale. We are a high-performing team at Century Therapeutics and we are looking for someone to join our family who is passionate and courageous, likes to have fun, is serious about their work but doesn't take themselves too seriously and recognizes that cell therapy is hard, but remembers that we are stronger together.
The incumbent will be an integral member of the People Team responsible for defining and building our talent acquisition capabilities and owning the full-life cycle talent acquisition process across all Functional Areas and locations. As a member of the People Team, he/she will be an ambassador of the People Team and CenturyTx to all internal and external stakeholders, partners, and collaborators. He/she will be responsible for sourcing, talent pipelining, and talent selection to include screening, interviewing, background checks, offer negotiations as well as onboarding. Developing and implementing CenturyTx's talent targeting strategy leveraging market insights and corporate branding will be a key element of this role. They will be responsible for the end-to-end recruiting process, from initial requisition creation through offer acceptance and new hire onboarding working closely with hiring managers, Functional Area Heads, Finance, and the People Team. Additionally, this individual will spend a significant portion of their time focused on streamlining People Team tools and processes, as well as fostering and communicating our colleague experience. Additional duties to include general People Team support, including but not limited to people operations, benefits administration, and being a key thought-partner on talent-related topics.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in full life-cycle talent acquisition, preferably in the life sciences, as well as general People Team experience working in talent coordination, people operations, people systems (to include ATS, HRIS, and/or CRM), benefits, leave administration, and/or talent and performance management. This position will have the opportunity to work across all aspects of the People function so we are looking for someone who has experience in multiple areas, and/or interest in learning about other areas of the People Team to which they haven't yet been exposed.
This position is located in our Philadelphia Headquarters but will support our other three locations, which include our Seattle Research site, our Glioblastoma Research site in Hamilton, Canada, and our GMP Manufacturing site in Branchburg, New Jersey.
- Enhance and implement full life-cycle talent acquisition strategies to fulfill resource needs for future workforce plans and provide quality candidates to the hiring manager in a timely manner
- Lead and facilitate talent acquisition strategy meetings for active requisitions, including a firm understanding of the capabilities needed for each role
- Develop and provide talent acquisition updates (including reporting analytics), trends, obstacles, and competitive market intelligence
- Maintain current market knowledge and external trends to inform sourcing, talent pipelining, and decision making
- Provide effective talent acquisition solutions by developing a solid understanding of the business as well as the external talent landscape
- Build and maintain meaningful and trusted relationships across the Century family.
- Manage relationships with third party vendors (if engaged) as necessary
- Develop and champion structured interviewing and selection methodologies that promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Craft job descriptions with inclusive language
- Provide preparation overview to candidates prior to their interview day
- Manage candidate debrief sessions following the interviews and communicate with the proper stakeholders
- Responsible for data integrity within the applicant tracking system, candidate relationship management, HRIS, and other systems.
- Ensure seamless integration of Applicant Tracking System (ATS), HRIS, and onboarding systems and processes
- Assist in drafting policies and aid in defining the “new normal” and the future of work at CenturyTx
- Assist with HRIS implementation and new user training
- Assist with benefits administration and other people operations duties as needed and generally provide assistance across all aspects of the People Team
- General People Team coordination and other duties as assigned
- Typically, a BA/BS or MS in a relevant business, management, finance, psychology, or life or technical science background and 6-10 years for BA/BS or 4-7 years for MS, of relevant professional experience is required. Must have at 2-4 years of relevant experience in HR, preferably in Recruiting/Talent Acquisition
- At least 2 years of full-life cycle talent acquisition experience, preferably in life science or biotech industry setting and with demonstrated ability to manage key stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of talent acquisition methodologies, laws and regulations, and an ability to apply them at the right time
- Experience in other parts of HR/People Team with solid understanding of at least one or more key areas to include people operations, benefits, talent and performance management, or employee relations
- Experience with HRIS (examples include: Workday, PeopleSoft, Namely) implementation and/or core system functionality - people changes, benefits enrollment, promotions, pay changes, org charts, etc.
- Skilled with a variety of people systems and social media platforms, particularly LinkedIn and other applicant tracking systems or HRIS platforms
- Ability to multitask and keep multiple projects/activities moving forward and to maintain multiple internal and external lines of communication
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to adjust to the audience
- Strong ability to work independently on multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential information and work with limited day-to-day supervision
Talent Acquisition, Recruiting, Applicant Tracking System (ATS), CRM, HRIS, , Full Life-Cycle Recruitment, Sourcing, People Operations, Benefits, Life Science, Biotech, Industry, Cell Therapy
Show more Show less