Discovery Immunologist, Discovery Research
NextCure is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in Beltsville, MD that is focused on the discovery and development of novel immunomedicines for the treatment of cancer and other immune-related diseases. We are seeking highly motivated scientists with a strong background in both Immunology and Biochemistry to join our team. The NextCure Discovery Department employs multiple function-based, high-throughput screening approaches to identify proteins with novel immune function in cancer and other diseases for the development of novel, first-in-class immunotherapies. A Discovery Immunologist in this position will utilize methodologies to validate binding and function of novel cell membrane protein-protein (receptor-ligand) interactions. The candidate will play a key role in defining the mechanism of action of novel immunomodulatory proteins, and validating candidate therapeutic agents. The selected candidate will work in a highly dynamic, proactive, multidisciplinary environment with the goal of rapidly moving novel biological Immunomedicines to the clinic.
- Independently design workplans and perform laboratory experiments.
- Develop and perform techniques to validate protein-protein binding interactions.
- Develop and perform immune-based assays to validate functional protein-protein interactions.
- Coordinate and prioritize tasks across multiple projects.
- Communicate scientific results and conclusions in written reports and oral presentations.
- Manage external collaborations with CROs and academic partners.
Education and Experience
- PhD in Immunology or Biochemistry or related field with significant experience in relation to the responsibilities and qualifications listed in this description.
- Minimum 2+ years industry experience.
- Extensive experience and expertise in immunology research.
- Expertise in human primary immune cell immune-based functional assays.
- Skilled in tumor cell line culture and generation of overexpressing, KO and KD cell lines.
- Significant experience in multi-color flow cytometry (FACS).
- Demonstrated experience in protein-protein interaction studies.
- Cell signaling experience is preferred.
- Excellent project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Publication record demonstrative of position responsibilities and qualifications.
NextCure is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package in a scientifically engaged team environment.