HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You've earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you've worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate - GMP Manufacturing Team (Small Molecule, Pharma)
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will join our GMP manufacturing team responsible for execution of small molecule active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) production in our 100 L pilot plant. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of small molecule manufacturing to support advancement of Amgen's early phase synthetic pipeline.
- Leading reaction step scale up in up to 100 L reactor trains under the supervision of the Lab Manager.
- Maintenance, cleaning, and qualification of equipment, crafting batch records for use in GLP/ GMP campaigns, planning manufacturing timelines, and supporting the operational needs of the scale up facility.
- Collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team with process development chemists, engineers, analysts, and facilities staff.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The scientific professional we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.
Bachelor's degree & 2 years of scientific experience
- BS or MS in life science or related field with 5 years relevant experience
- Previous industrial hands on experience in a GMP chemical manufacturing environment
- Strong familiarity with safe chemical handling techniques including weighing, dispensing, and packaging of chemicals, drug substance intermediates, and APIs
- PPE familiarity and ability to use a chemical respirator
- Experience with laboratory automation including temperature control and data logging platforms such as Delta V
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional scientific/technical reading/writing skills, sophisticated scientific analysis skills, ability to collaborate and work in team atmosphere
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proactive leadership mentality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and a positive demeanor
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan-comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits-with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.