Senior Account Consultant, Retina - Denver
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
This is a Senior Account Consultant position in our Retina division . This position manages sales processes for Allergan Retina therapeutic products in accordance with approved marketing plans. Assigned sales goals are achieved through consultative and value based selling techniques coupled with comprehensive account management while implementing the U.S. Marketing Plan. Provides technical product knowledge and support to ensure customer adoption of the product portfolio while delivering customer satisfaction. Effectively utilizes Allergan sales and data resources to enhance productivity and provide growth of AGN Retina therapeutics to meet or exceed U.S. Retina franchise goals. Complies with required reports, requests and promotional compliance and effectively manages Allergan field assets.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required
- Five plus years injectable, medical or surgical sales experience required
- Experience selling in a “buy and bill” Medicare part B/Medical benefit environment and understanding of reimbursement challenges and opportunities
Preferred Skills / Qualifications
- Complete account management experience to ensure injectable therapy adoption success
- Experience with creation and execution of strategic and targeted business plans around priorities and goals
- Capacity to manage budgets, expenses capacity to execute sales strategy and marketing plans
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership ability to work effectively in a heavily matrixed team environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to communicate with many diverse customer audiences
- Excellent analytical skills, problem resolution skills and general business acumen
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent planning and strategy development while executing against tight timelines
- Ability to travel 25% to 75% depending on geography
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment
- Must have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record
- Ability to drive a car
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.