Alkahest is seeking a Project Manager (PM) to lead full lifecycle management for drug development across an exciting array of new products. The PM will be responsible for working with internal and external resources to deliver exceptional, high quality project plans across all phases from concept to market.
This is a hands-on position with real leadership of every aspect of development with exposure to all stages of the process from preclinical to man.
Starting from the day you join, you will have immediate impact supporting the development of a new product candidate. You will need to rapidly absorb relevant information and develop an understanding of interdependencies across functions. Working with these various functions, you will then, create and maintain project timelines and be instrumental in driving the next phases.
If you have the work ethic and mental agility to embrace a very fast paced and rapidly evolving environment, you will be rewarded through diverse and exciting experiences. This is your chance to add real value to an entrepreneurial organization that supports innovation and new ideas and welcomes passionate and team-oriented colleagues looking for a deeper understanding of human aging in order to improve the healthspan of patients worldwide.
- Support maintenance of Development Plans and functionally integrated project schedules to enable accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses and ensure accurate inputs are provided into business planning processes
- Ensure alignment with project sub-teams and functional partners.
- Support tracking of project risks, mitigation and contingency plans
- Prepare and track functional team budget including resources and costs, collaborating with Finance, Program Lead and other cross-functional departments
- Communicate, document and archive project team activities and decisions. Act as a primary contact for project team related information
- Facilitate project and sub-team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes
- Partner with senior leaders to ensure the team achieves and maintains a high-level of sustainable performance by contributing to team management best practices
The Ideal candidate is/has:
- A BA or BS degree in the Life Sciences.
- Greater than 2 years multi-disciplinary knowledge of the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, with at least 2 years direct project management in drug development
- Strong proficiency with the application of project management practices, tools, and methodology to the drug development process
- Financial acumen; capable of planning and oversight of project budgets. Solid understanding of portfolio management concepts and product valuations is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management skills. You will need to be comfortable collaborating and communicating with stakeholders at all levels both within and external to the company
- Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way
- Ability to translate strategy into action; strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Proven track record of good decision making and exercising sound judgement
- Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated
- Experience using Project Management software to manage complex project timelines and resources. Proficient in MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Experience supporting discovery/ research and early development projects, is a plus