Research Lab Technician - Organoid Researcher
The Lawrence J. Ellison Institute for Transformative Medicine strives to leverage technology, spark innovation, and drive interdisciplinary evidence-based research to reimagine and redefine cancer treatment, enhance health, and transform lives. Under the visionary leadership of David B. Agus, MD, The Ellison Institute was designed to tackle the difficult questions in health care and research to push the boundaries of medicine forward. To accomplish this, the Institute offers multifaceted programs, including a cancer center, cross-disciplinary research laboratories, a health policy think-tank, and community outreach and educational opportunities. Please visit http://ellison.usc.edu to learn more about The Ellison Institute and our brand new, state-of-the-art facility in West Los Angeles.
The Hill Lab at the Ellison Institute is seeking a talented and passionate Research Lab Technician II - Organoid Researcher who has a strong interest in pancreatic cancer biology. The qualified candidate will work on a project investigating the role that exosomes derived from the tumor microenvironment have on pancreatic cancer drug resistance using 2D and 3D cell culture models.
The Research Lab Technician II - Organoid Research is responsible for performing the following job duties:
- Complete daily tissue culture assignments to support institute-wide research
- Learn laboratory techniques and execute procedures as needed
- Track and maintain reagent and cell repository inventories
- Keep accurate records and data
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures
- Present on project updates and current literature during group meetings
Key technical skills tissue culture (2D and 3D), isolation of DNA/RNA/protein, qRT-PCR, Western blot, and immunohistochemistry.
Preferred Education: BS degree in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, or other relevant discipline.
- 2 years of relevant experience as a lab technician or research assistant.
- Experience with tissue culture of cancer cell lines.
- Experience with exosome collection.
- Experience with bioinformatic analysis and RNA/miRNA strongly preferred
Preferred Field of Expertise: pancreatic cancer biology