Data Warehouse Architect
The Lawrence J. Ellison Institute for Transformative Medicine strives to leverage technology, spark innovation, and drive interdisciplinary evidence-based research to reimagine and redefine cancer treatment, enhance health, and transform lives. Under the visionary leadership of David B. Agus, MD, The Ellison Institute was designed to tackle the difficult questions in health care and research to push the boundaries of medicine forward. To accomplish this, the Institute offers multifaceted programs, including a cancer center, cross-disciplinary research laboratories, a health policy think-tank, and community outreach and educational opportunities. Please visit http://ellison.usc.edu to learn more about The Ellison Institute and our brand new, state-of-the-art facility in West Los Angeles.
The Lawrence J. Ellison Institute is seeking a talented and passionate Data Warehouse Architect to join the Clinical Research Team. As part of the Ellison Institute, the Clinical Research Team is responsible for incorporating existing ontologies and scientific knowledge schemas and apply current methods of developing novel ways to ingest, annotate, and query data across disease areas. The Institute is made up of a diverse group of innovative and talented professionals who work in a fast-paced environment that provides ongoing support to research projects, patient care, lab research and administrative operations.
The Data Warehouse Architect is responsible for performing the following job duties:
- Development and integration of ontologies and other semantic standards in our data platforms
- Organize and participate in scientific meeting to help define and implement searches or analyses
- Support or lead development of a metadata catalog and assure it’s searchability and usefulness
- Design, implementation, maintenance, and support of the Ellison Institute clinical data warehouse.
- This position will also work with the clinical research team to develop and support existing specimen database.
- Develop best practices for data loading and extraction into and out of the data warehouse.
- Work independently to track outstanding tasks, and projects, monitor progress, and provide status reports to reporting manager.
Preferred Education: Master’s degree with 2 years of directly relevant professional experience in healthcare or life sciences field.
Preferred Experience: Knowledge of multiple kinds of databases (SQL and NoSQL), data platforms, and understand data modeling concepts
Preferred Field of Expertise: Oncology
Salary Range: $70k - 80k