Lab Operations Supervisor
Empowering precision medicine at the local level – that’s our mission. That means we work with researchers and pharmaceutical companies who are working to identify genetically-specific treatments for cancer patients by providing them instruments, reagents, and services for molecular profiling applications. Molecular profiling is the collection of information about multiple molecular biomarkers, such as DNA and RNA.
At HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc. ("HTG"), we are always looking for talented individuals to help us deliver our next-generation sequencing-based products throughout the world. Headquartered in Tucson, AZ, HTG’s technology is being adopted rapidly and we are looking for passionate people to fill our current openings. Are you ready to join the fight against cancer? Our technology and people make all the difference and customers say we are easy to do business with.
Our advantage is simple; deliver high quality molecular profiling products and services that:
- Use very small amounts of sample, thus preserving precious tissue or blood samples
- Use a simple workflow and deliver results in days not weeks
Nestled at the foothills of the majestic Catalina Mountains, and ringed by 4 other mountain ranges, a young and family friendly modern metropolis, Tucson offers 276 days of sunshine, unparalleled golf, museums, historic sites, and hiking trails where one can experience the wide variety of animal and plant life of the Sonoran Desert, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
HTG offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits, long term disability and life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and the unique ability to work with cutting edge technological advances.
HTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HTG is making a difference in the fight against cancer. If you want to make an impact today and be part of a high-energy team, apply now!
We have an immediate opening for a Laboratory Operations Supervisor to join our Commercial Services Lab in Tucson, Arizona.
- Responsible for daily supervision of laboratory operations personnel.
- Responsible for the proper performance of all laboratory procedures and reporting of test results.
- Trains, or supervises training, of lab employees.
- Regularly evaluates and documents the performance of all lab employees.
- Enforces safety procedures and consults with other supervisors about these issues.
- Ensures Good Documentation Practices for laboratory testing are maintained.
- Supervises purchasing of supplies and maintains equipment inventory.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees.
- Maintains laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustments, as necessary.
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; and monitoring progress.
- Resolves problems through collaboration with lab management, research, development, and operations staff.
- Complies with ongoing departmental inspections of equipment and physical space; makes recommendations regarding equipment utilization and needs.
- Complies with internal and external audits and inspections.
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of molecular testing laboratory experience
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience with biospecimen management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to supervise laboratory staff
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to train staff on laboratory techniques and processes
- Troubleshooting molecular assays
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and laboratory applications of molecular biology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including technical writing
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and meet deadlines
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize responsibilities as required