Manager, Contracting Fair Market Value
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This position will report into the Senior Manager, Global Site Contracting and Contract Operations, Inspection Readiness. This position will undertake activities to provide specialized support and assistance to R&D Contracting Departments and AbbVie internal stakeholders, as required, in the administration and negotiation of clinical site study and vendor budgets (in regard to Fair Market Value procedures). This will involve building partnerships with the R&D Contracting department's leadership, and other departments as appropriate to ensure that contracting needs are met and handled in an optimal and efficient manner that is consistent with company policy, as well as legal, government, and regulatory requirements where relevant.
- Provides operational expertise and strategic leadership, support, guidance, and training to teams on all aspects of R&D Contracting involvement with the FMV process.
- Work closely with the Stakeholder teams, such as Development, Global Medical Affairs, HEOR, and OEC to support activity meeting FMV requirements.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure the most optimal R&D Contracting FMV strategies and solutions are achieved in alignment with Stakeholder objectives while achieving best value for the company.
- Manage FMV analysis and exception activities either directly or through managing junior staff's efforts.
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking progress and status of FMV related concerns. Assist with the tracking of FMV metrics.
- Works with Site Budget Development team to develop best practices for ensuring FMV compliance.
- Coordinate communication between and serve as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders with regard to FMV requirements.
- Proactively identifies potential areas of FMV compliance risk and recommends/implements solutions.
- Participates in the development, review and implementation of departmental SOPs, tools, and processes.
- Supports the Site Budget Development team with data collection, analysis, and projects as assigned.
- 4 Year college degree with BS/BA in Life Science, Finance, Business Strategy or related field.
- 7+ years direct Outsourcing/Contracting experience or a combination of relevant life cycle contracts management experience and at least 5 years direct Outsourcing site budget contracting experience.
- Experience with managing or participating in FMV activities.
- Excellent analytical, communication, written, and verbal skills.
- Proficiency in Contract, Finance, Legal and Business Acumen.
- Robust knowledge of the clinical trial lifecycle and experience working directly with clinical operations, legal, and finance.
- Experience interacting with a wide range of clinical sites and vendors, initiating and negotiating clinical trials contracts and budgets.
- Proven experience in managing all levels of key internal and external stakeholders effectively by frequently soliciting input and gathering and incorporating feedback into process improvements as appropriate.
- Proven time management skills and ability to be flexible to meet job demands and take on new initiatives and improvement efforts, exercises good judgment in all forms of communication, multi-task and have an excellent attention to detail to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective contract solutions are achieved. Ability to sustain high levels of performance in a constantly changing environment.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook Required
- Collaborations and Sourcing R&D and Direct, R&D, HEOR
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.