Assoc. Director, Clinical Technology Innovation & Support
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Data Science is the best-in-class team within its cross-industry peer group and is responsible for bringing people, process, and technology together to generate business value from clinical trials data. Our operational model is exemplified through execution and innovation. This role is a key to ensuring successful delivery against the program- and study-level accountabilities assigned to Data and Statistical Sciences through fit-for-purpose innovative clinical technology implementation and operationalization.
- Assists in the creation of the clinical development technology strategy while also executing tactically against the strategy.
- Provides key technology leadership and process support with the goal of optimizing our Clinical Technologies and process portfolio
- Supports interoperability across all internal function, with clinical sites, with third-party contributors, and with our patients. Works to break down barriers between silos and provides integrated & holistic view to end users. Links end-user needs to strategy and governance.
- Facilitates the convergence of technologies used for clinical trial planning and execution. Facilitates due diligence for technology investment.
- Leads global clinical data systems integration, deployment, and migration projects, as needed.
- Bridges technology, process, data and innovation efforts across R&D.
- Focuses strategy and execution on improvements in speed, quality and cost of trials as measurements of the value of the Clinical Technology Strategy.
- Looks both within and outside the industry for technology that addresses key needs and opens opportunities tied to strategy.
- Forms collaborations with technology service providers.
- Contributes to current and future R&D and IT priorities in order to enhance business strategies.
- Aligns technology configuration with business process.
Guides partner organizations through change management as appropriate.
- Bachelor's in engineering, mathematics, or computer science or similar. Master's preferred.
- Systems and technology experience in biopharma / clinical research / data management / health care space required
- 5+ years in role in leadership as technology strategist
- Proven skill in strategy development and in converting strategy to execution
- Demonstrated performance as a cross-functional leader. Demonstrated ability to influence others without direct authority. Demonstrated ability to successfully coach / mentor in a matrix environment. Demonstrated effective communication skills. Demonstrated effective analytical skills.
- Record of creating value through innovation
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.