Senior Director, DMPK
Summary Description of Role:
Kinnate seeks a highly motivated Senior Director of DMPK. The successful candidate will be an exceptional scientist and leader who will build and oversee Kinnate’s Research DMPK group. The DMPK group will inform lead molecule optimization by anticipating DMPK liabilities and providing effective in vitro ADME and in vivo DMPK characterization strategically across the portfolio of programs. Additionally, expertise in modeling PK/PD relationships will provide necessary guidance on efficacy and safety study design, selection of GLP tox doses, human equivalent doses and decisions to take candidates into development. You’ll join an accomplished multidisciplinary team seeking to advance innovative new agents in oncology.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing and interpreting insightful in vitro and in vivo studies to explore adsorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion. You will have a keen understanding of how to align pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. Internally, as a member of multiple Project Teams you will collaborate to define target product profiles, identify DMPK issues, and devise solutions, facilitating the rapid advancement of best-in-class drug development candidates. Your role will extend beyond to support IND-enabling PK and toxicology activities, with predictions of human exposure, potential drug-drug interactions, and potential biomarkers. Externally, you will be responsible for devising and coordinating studies with service providers and the project team, ensuring data quality, interpreting results, exploring in vitro to in vivo correlations, and finally, extrapolations to humans.
- is an enthusiastic team leader and contributor who enjoys working with skilled cross-functional teams focused on innovative approaches to life enhancing therapies
- displays initiative and can engage in independent research aligned with program goals and team objectives
- possesses a Masters or PhD degree in Analytical Chemistry, Enzymology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Drug Metabolism or Pharmacokinetics
- has an in-depth understanding and a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with in vitro and in vivo PK/ADME assays, methods, models, and predictions.
- expertise in drug metabolism, transport, DDI risk assessment, in vitro-to-in vivo and animal model-to-clinical translation, especially as it relates to drug exposure, safety and efficacy
- has a documented history of scientific & research impact in drug discovery and development
- can provide strategic scientific input, and contribute to decision-making process
- displays excellent organizational and communication skills in English in writing and in presenting to team, and can compile and present comprehensive reports, and contribute to IND package preparation
- experience in clinical PK would be valued (not required)
Fit with Kinnate culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with Kinnate Biopharma’s Core Values
- Engaged in the mission of Kinnate Biopharma and acting with Flexibility and Integrity.
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Kinnate recently closed our initial public offering and are listed on Nasdaq. Prior to that, we closed three significant venture capital financings, including our $98M Series C round in July and August 2020 and our $74.5M Series B round in December 2019. Kinnate has a passionate and seasoned Team, guided by industry leaders in precision medicine and drug discovery, developing a focused portfolio strategy, and leveraging unique team expertise. Our Research and Development team is based primarily in San Diego, California and a portion of our management team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a small but growing precision oncology company with a bright future.
EEO & EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Kinnate Biopharma, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Kinnate or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Kinnate’s internal HR Team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Kinnate, and Kinnate will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.