Sr. Research Associate I / Research Associate II, Cardio - In Vivo, Biology Research
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Full Time, Senior Research Associate position to develop in vivo methodologies, perform data acquisition and analysis, and disseminate experimental findings to internal scientific teams. Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative cross functional team setting. Position will report to team scientist.
- Bachelor’s degree with requisite experience or Master’s degree in Biology or closely related field is preferred.
- In vivo and mouse handling skills are essential.
- At least 4 years of hands on experience in rodent models of disease is desired.
- Ability to recognize and adhere to IACUC standards of in vivo research is essential.
- Candidates with experience in cardiac physiology, mouse ECG or ultrasound, working heart or Langendorff methods and instrumentation will be prioritized.
- Ability to work well with a dynamic team to accomplish shared goals is essential.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel, Lab Chart software, and statistical software such as Prism or Sigma Stat is desired.
- Experience & Education Requirements - per level:
- Senior Research Associate 1: Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Research Associate 2: Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.