Senior Program Manager, Reagents
We are seeking a self-motivated, driven, and highly organized Senior Program Manager, with strong communication, project management and leadership skills, to drive the development, integration and commercialization of Pacific Biosciences' key products. The selected individual must be capable of working collaboratively with project teams from various functions to successfully drive the new product concepts to market, under aggressive timelines, in a dynamically evolving technology environment.
The ideal candidate must have a strong product development background specific to the challenges of library preparation and sequencing reagent development, a track record of working under a product development process phase gate environment, and experience in developing and commercializing products for next generation sequencing. The qualified individuals are fast learners and have the ability to grasp PacBio's core technologies and their applications.
- Act as program leader to drive large project teams in developing program scope, dependencies, timelines and resource plans from feasibility through commercialization
- Drive program core teams to execute key program deliverables, which meet product requirements
- Work very closely with product marketing, reagent development and manufacturing teams to ensure reagents meet requirements and successfully transfer through to production
- Work closely with functional line managers and project teams to resolve issues, facilitate trade-off decisions, and escalating resource conflicts/gaps
- Report status to executive management, including ownership of phase gate reviews
- Work with Quality and line managers to ensure completion of program risk analysis and that appropriate mitigation steps are taken
- Assist functional line managers with implementation of the product development process and compliance with appropriate regulatory guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific and/or engineering discipline. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of program management experience in new technology development activities
- Direct experience and successful track record with managing complex, integrated programs in molecular biology or reagent manufacturing
- Experience in biotechnology, next generation DNA sequencing or medical device industries is a plus
- Knowledge of phase gate product development process, ISO 9001, and ISO 13485
- Experience with project management tools, such as Microsoft Project, work break down structure, and resource management
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.