President/Chief Operating Officer, The JED Foundation
The Jed Foundation (JED) is a non-profit that protects emotional health and prevents suicide for our nation’s teens and young adults. Partnering with high schools and colleges to strengthen their mental health, substance misuse, and suicide prevention programs and systems, JED equips teens and young adults with the skills and knowledge to help themselves and each other. They actively encourage community awareness, understanding, and action for young adult mental health awareness.
JED seeks an intellectually curious leader to lead and implement JED’s strategic plans and achieve organizational goals while advancing the organization’s mission. Working collaboratively with the CEO and Board of Directors, the President/COO will contribute to JED’s strategic direction while skillfully managing day-to-day strategy, operations, and people in a high growth environment. The President/COO will work to promote a culture of high expectations, effective performance, and continuous learning and improvement. Specific responsibilities and skill sets include:
- Proven operational leader with the ability to triple the number of higher education students protected by JED’s Comprehensive Approach, resulting in reductions in suicide rates, increases in students receiving mental healthcare, positive changes in attitudes and behaviors, and achieving equity in these student outcomes at the schools with which JED partners.
- Fortify organizational effectiveness to ensure JED’s capacity to perform optimally over the long term by building a sustainable funding model, robust financial control and management systems, and effective recruiting, talent development, and retention systems.
- Track record of managing high growth operating companies and/or non-profit organizations, along with a broad, multi-faceted set of talents, including excellent leadership and people skills, business acumen, and the ability to effectively manage, lead, and supervise complex organizations and multidisciplinary teams.
- Strengthen the mental health attitudes and behaviors of young adults, their families, and community members through educational campaigns and resources.
- Knowledge of academic environments (secondary and higher education).
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for The Jed Foundation.