Scientist I/II, Immunology/Cell Biology
Scientist I and II, Immunology/Cell BiologyAllakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases. Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
Position Summary:We are seeking a highly motivated and independent scientist with a strong background in immunology or cell biology to join our R&D team. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading, conducting and coordinating key projects focused on the discovery, biology and mechanism of action of novel inhibitory targets for the treatment of inflammatory diseases.
- Develop new tools and assays using human and mouse primary immune cells to study the biology and mechanism of action of inhibitory receptors
- Support development of pre-clinical disease models and biomarker discovery for clinical indication assessment
- Design, manage, and coordinate large scale transcriptomic studies with academic collaborators and CROs
- Participate and work collaboratively in multidisciplinary team efforts including leading specific parts of related projects and possibly managing junior scientists
- Assist in writing manuscripts, abstracts, and patents
- Present regular research updates to project teams and R&D management
Qualifications and Expertise:
- PhD in cell biology, immunology, pharmacology, molecular biology or a closely related field
- Minimum of 0-3 years of post-doctoral experience OR 0-2 years of industry experience
- Extensive experience in cell biology and immunology techniques, including multi-color flow cytometry, human and mouse primary immune cell culture, ELISA, and multiplex technologies
- Relevant knowledge working with RNA-seq datasets and therapeutic antibodies is definitely a plus
- Ability to think critically and creatively across multiple disciplines and demonstrated experience in assay development, optimization, and troubleshooting
- Flexibility in prioritizing work and ability to multitask and successfully interact with a diverse team of scientists to deliver results meeting the needs of various stakeholder groups