Procurement SpecialistAllakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases. Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
- Perform detailed reviews of purchase requisitions and contracts to ensure proper authorization, purchasing method and financial coding, in line with corresponding Company policies.
- Serve as the central contact for creating, distributing, and tracking purchase orders across multiple departments.
- Provide education to, and oversight of, Company employees on their roles and responsibilities in order to ensure strict adherence to procure-to-pay subprocesses relevant to their respective positions.
- Interface directly with suppliers to negotiate purchasing discounts and other cost saving measures.
- Maintain procurement software solutions and lead future implementations of new software solutions.
- Work proactively with research and development teams to maintain sufficient inventory levels of general lab supplies and consumables.
- Support vendor management activities as needed.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve all aspects of the procurement function, including the timing and reliability of purchases, number of policy exceptions, and accuracy of associated financial metrics.
Qualifications / Expertise:
- Bachelor degree in finance, supply chain or business management
- 2 to 4 years of procurement experience
- Experience with life sciences
- Experience working with modern procurement software
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing and procurement operations
- Highly motivated and committed to improving processes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills
- Ability to work both individually and with groups
- Experience with Procurify
- Procurement qualifications/certifications (CPM, CPSM)