Sr. Scientific Writer
Piper Companies is looking for a Sr. Scientific Writer in Philadelphia, PA. to develop, market and distribute the organizations' annual progress reports which highlight recent advances against cancer and other reports for a Non-Profit for Cancer Research.
· Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Cancer Research to advance robust scientific agenda
· Stay in tune with recent activities in all areas on cancer research
o Basic & Translational science
o Population Science
o Pre-Clinical and Clinical Research
o Oncology Drug Trials
· Work as part of a team to develop content for annual progress reports
· Prepare & finalize scientific documents to the cancer research community including:
o Posts on website
o Expert remarks for leaders of steering committees
o Perspective pieces
· Participate in scientific forums (summits, task force meetings, scientific working group meetings
· Prepare scientific presentations
· PhD or equivalent doctoral degree, preferably in cancer or a related scientific field.
· 3-5+ years of postdoctoral experience in cancer or a related scientific field with a record of excellent peer-reviewed publications.
· 7-10 years’ experience in scientific or medical writing in academic or pharmaceutical industry and completion of postdoctoral training
· Strong background in cancer research is required; proficiency in at least one (preferably more) of the following areas: population sciences, epidemiology, cancer prevention research and biostatistics is preferred
· Depending on experience; up to $100,000
· Competitive Benefits
· Competitive 401K plan
· Remote through COVID protocols - Onsite requirement once lifted