Product Development Program Manager
We are looking for an experienced Product Development Program Manager for a variety of projects within DNA Script's rapidly growing and cutting-edge product portfolio. The Program Manager will develop budgets/timelines for projects, manage resources, and as well as drive development projects varying in size and complexity from Concept through Commercialization. The PM will interface with internal and external partners to achieve project goals, milestones, and timelines. The ideal candidate must be a skilled team leader with strong negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks in parallel, and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Provide management and leadership skills to drive execution on project goals for a portfolio of projects.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create, execute and communicate overall project plans (scope, schedule, staffing plans, quality, risk management, budget, and procurement) and revise them appropriately to meet changing project needs and requirements.
- Identify needs for changes to plan and communicate them to the team and stakeholders to ensure program goals are in alignment with business objectives.
- Introduce, champion, and educate stakeholders (company-wide) on phase (or stage-gate) methodologies and drive best practices.
- Organize and lead routine phase (or stage- gate) reviews with an executive approval committee.
- Identify and resolve or escalate program issues, facilitate tradeoff decisions, and remove obstacles.
- Ensure product development efforts adhere to internal processes and design control standards.
- Continuously analyze and manage risks to enable successful project completion.
- Define and optimize project management and development processes, methodologies, and tools to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Apply best practices and knowledge of internal/external business challenges to improve products.
- Manage cross-functional resources, project timelines and project budgets required to successfully drive projects and initiatives.
- Have a passion for commercializing platforms that are at the leading-edge innovation in life science.
- Bachelor's degree and or post graduate degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or related field.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience leading multiple complex programs from design to delivery.
- Formal PMP certificate from an accredited program.
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in product development.
- Sound grasps of the key business drivers and considerations in the biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device and /or life science industries.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills with a proven ability to effectively build relationships and achieve consensus across a wide range of functions and constituents despite natural tensions between those functions (e.g. Marketing vs. RnD).
- Demonstrated ability to lead and achieve results by influence alone.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills; detail-oriented with ability to see the big picture and to work effectively at both high and detailed levels.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and internationally.
- Start-up mind-set is strongly preferred; demonstrated by participation in one
- Experience managing a life science system program involving a hardware and software platform as well as reagent kits
- Understanding of the new product introduction and product lifecycle management processes.
- Job location: South San Francisco, US or Paris, France.
- Requires travel among DNA Script corporate offices and client sites throughout US and Europe.
- Start date: Q1 2021
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org