Scientist/Group Leader (based on experience) in Molecular Biology for Cell genome editing
Applied StemCell, Inc., a leading gene editing company, is focusing on developing and generating cell lines and animal models with precise genome modifications using genome editing methods and tools.
The ideal candidate will perform both dry-lab and wet lab-based roles at the forefront of the Genome editing technologies for efficient project delivery, troubleshooting and putting ideas into actions. Within and across different groups, the candidate will provide support, supervision and coaching associates, ensuring that methods run efficiently and correctly, as well as developing and guiding the set-up of new methodologies. The main responsibilities include designing of gene editing systems and work plans, guiding associates to perform construct cloning, genotyping, next-generation sequencing (NGS) and interpretation of experimental results.
The following skills are highly desirable:
- Strong molecular biology skills including plasmid cloning and nucleic acid handling.
- Experience/Knowledge in genome editing technologies, such as CRISPR, TALEN and ZFN.
- Experience/Knowledge in genetics. Experience in cell or animal gene targeting strategy design, genotyping.
- Sanger sequencing data analysis, and NGS bioinformatics experience or knowledge.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment.
- The ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing, timeline-driven environment.
- The ability to identify and solve problems.
Ph.D. degree in genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, microbiology or related disciplines.