Research Scientist, iPSC group
Applied StemCell, Inc. is a leading gene editing and stem cell therapy CRO company founded in 2008 in Milpitas, California. ASC supports gene editing and stem cell therapy development processes with two high-impact platforms: CRISPR and TARGATT™ genome editing and iPSC stem cell technologies. ASC’s proprietary TARGATT™ technology enables site-specific, stable integration of large DNA fragments into a safe harbor locus. ASC is also a member of the National Institute of Technology and Standards (NIST) Genome Editing Consortium where we provide benchmark materials using our unique expertise in stem cell technology and genetic engineering to establish measurements and standards for characterizing genome editing outputs using stem cells.
We are looking for a Research Scientist to join our iPSC group with a focus on iPSCs differentiation and engineering using ASC’s gene editing technologies.
Skills and Experience
- PhD degree in biological sciences such as cell biology, developmental biology, molecular biology, genetics or a related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience with iPSCs and/or stem cell culture, reprogramming and differentiation, cell transfection, FACS etc.
- Hands-on experience with iPSCs generation and differentiation.
- Knowledge and experience with CRISPR gene editing technology is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with a multi-function team to deliver gene edited iPSC cell lines and a variety of other cell types.
- Lead on development of iPSC differentiated cell products and services.
- Participate and contribute to clinical product development using iPSC and differentiation protocols.
- Apply scientific knowledge, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities to troubleshoot and refine methods and assays.
- Interpret data from Sanger sequencing, Nextgen sequencing, qRT-PCR, FACS, fluorescence imaging, and other characterization assays.
- Establish and follow established protocols and SOPs under ISO quality management system and/or GMP.
- Maintain and document lab records and effectively update results and project status in an informatics system.