Associate Director / Director, Toxicology
About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
IDEAYA Biosciences is seeking a Toxicologist to join our Pharmacology and Toxicology team. This individual will lead the nonclinical safety strategy for novel small molecules under development for the treatment of cancer. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment and will possess a passion for scientific understanding of the safety profiles of novel therapeutics. The individual will report to the Head of Pharmacology and Toxicology.
What you’ll do:
- Represent Toxicology on Project Teams and be responsible for the nonclinical safety assessment strategy for novel target/therapeutic candidates.
- Develop strong knowledge of the basic biology of the intended target of drug candidates to determine potential liabilities associated with target inhibition and subsequent strategy for early safety screening.
- Manage all aspects of outsourced nonclinical safety studies, including CRO selection, study design, study monitoring and data and report review.
- Design and lead investigative toxicology studies as necessary dependent upon project needs.
- Communicate findings to key stakeholders, both internal and external, and support and advance project goals and objectives.
- Advise teams on current nonclinical safety regulatory guidelines and standard practices.
- Author regulatory documents such as relevant sections of IND submissions, Investigator Brochures, etc.
AKA what you will bring:
- Ph.D. in toxicology or a related field and 8+ years of toxicology experience in the pharmaceutical industry, DABT certification preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in nonclinical safety assessment of small molecules from discovery through development.
- Experience managing CROs.
- Strong familiarity with Regulatory guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
Ideaya is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, Ideaya does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.