Principal Scientist, Translational Science
About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
- Drive biomarker analyses using a deep biological understanding of mechanisms of action, clinical genetics, and cancer biology to support clinical-stage programs
- Work closely with Clinical Biomarker scientist, Clinical Operations and the Clinical lead for implementation and interpretation of established and novel biomarker analyses in clinical samples
- Manage relationships (together with Clinical Biomarker scientist) with external analytical labs, provide input into trial-specific agreements
- Lead drafting and amendment of biomarker-related sections in clinical study-related and regulatory documents (such as clinical protocols, ICFs, INDs, IBs, clinical study reports)
- Oversee and communicate with Clinical Biomarker scientist on biomarker sample collections, analyses, data transfers, and reporting are performed in accordance to the study protocol and in compliance with regulatory requirements
What you’ll do:
- Evaluation and interpretation of pathway biomarker data in clinical and preclinical samples from targeted (including flow cytometry, qPCR, ELISA, IHC) and untargeted (proteomic, metabolomics and transcriptomic) techniques
- The successful candidate will extensively work on critical evaluation of both pre-clinical and clinical findings to validate and identify novel biomarkers, potential indications, and patient stratification strategies for our pipeline programs
- Working with, setting up, and/or managing collaborations and regulatory document amendments in support of clinical programs.
- Will work closely with bioinformatics team to evaluate external databases and data analysis to support development of novel hypotheses from existing preclinical and clinical data
- Establish connections with a network of CROs to support translational work within a collaborative multidisciplinary environment
- Present results and interpretation to scientific, company and leadership teams in the company
- PhD in Cell or Molecular Biology (or a related discipline) with 2 to 3+ years industry experience in the field of translational science. Experience in cancer biology, oncology biomarkers or related field with demonstrable value-building achievements
- Experience in performing and critically analyzing and interpreting clinical data from different transcriptomic and proteomic techniques
- Ability to work independently or/and collaboratively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Flexible and prior experience is managing junior scientists
- Proven track-record of achievement, as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals, authorship of patents, and internal and/or external scientific presentations
- Proven ability to work in the teams, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and resolve issues
- Possess a high level of critical scientific thinking, motivation, and a strong desire to learn new concepts and methods
- Ability to balance execution of tasks required to accomplish goals while creating an environment of scientific curiosity and open exchange of ideas
- Display good attitude to team members, the drive to innovate and think creatively with courage, integrity and respect
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
Ideaya is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, Ideaya does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.