SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY AND ANALYTICAL HISTOLOGY (BRIS 2.122)
We are seeking to hire a Senior Research Associate for our Immunohistochemistry and Analytical Histology group. This position will afford the successful individual an opportunity to help discover and develop innovative drugs to modulate an emerging and exciting biological concept in diseases of aging and to translate our science into a pipeline of differentiated medicines. The ideal candidate should be highly innovative and creative with relevant experience including basic histology, various staining and histochemical approaches, imaging, quantitative analysis, and reporting. Experience/expertise in the ophthalmology or neurobiology research field is a plus.
The successful candidate will be a strong individual contributor. The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, analysis and interpretation of data, regular presentations (verbal/written) of results and interpretation at group, project team, and Discovery team meetings. Title/compensation will be based on experience.
- Experimental design of histology experiments.
- Perform histological stains, IHC / IF, or ISH on mouse and human tissue utilizing both manual and automated platforms.
- Slide imaging and fluorescence microscopy.
- Image quantification and analysis.
- Database organization and oversight.
- Experimental write up and communication.
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical or biological science and at least 6 years relevant work experience.
- Experience processing, embedding, and sectioning FFPE tissues for IHC or ISH analysis.
- At least two years of experience performing immunohistochemistry by manual or automated methods on paraffin-embedded tissue.
- Experience with IHC autostainers. Roche Ventana and / or Leica Bond experience a plus.
- Familiarity with multiplexing, both bright field and fluorescent labels.
- Familiarity with ISH (knowledge of the ACD platform is a plus).
- Experience with slide scanning. Zeiss Axioscan Z1 experience a plus.
- Proficiency with histological image analysis and statistical analysis, experience with image quantification tools such as Visiopharm is a plus.
- Accurate documentation skills and the ability to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.