Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
Amgen is seeking a Salesforce Marketing Cloud developer at our Tampa, FL or Thousand Oaks, CA office to join the Global Commercial Operations Information Systems group. The resource will be part of the Marketing product team to deliver technology services and solutions that achieve Amgen's Patient & Health care provider marketing services strategies and business goals including insights and analytics on the Pulse Engage platform. Partners with the US Sales and Marketing teams to deliver solutions that engage our customers. This role will service US Business Operations. We are looking for a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer who is a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the platform. This role will be key in bringing business requirements to life in the most user-friendly way possible. The resource will be expected to provide a high level of expertise in the design and functionality of business requests. The ideal candidate will have experience in performing impact analysis of application changes across various components and able to provide development estimates for each business request and using Agile methodology.
In this role, you will be crafting and building secure, scalable applications on AWS RDS, Databricks and Airflow by working with other Platform/Product Owners, Architects, and within the broader technology team to develop products aligned with standard methodologies. You will be required to stay abreast to the AWS products roadmap and capabilities, provide feedback to and develop standard methodologies, optimize engineering or release processes. You will be working with various teams such as program management, development teams, operations, customer service, sales, brand/marketing, legal, and safety, to lend clarification and support to requirements definition at all stages of the product life cycle.
- Expertise with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Build and maintain marketing campaigns using automations and journeys that groom prospects via email/text message
- Experience in thoroughly testing campaigns prior to migration to our Production environments
- Familiar with building email templates and content using Content Builder
- Able to utilize Return Path to run robust reports and monitor IP health
- Possess a strong understanding of IP Warming best practices
- Develop dashboards to communicate campaign and marketing performance
- Interpret and translate metrics/analytics into insightful analysis to inspire change and campaign performance
- Deadline oriented
- Familiar with working in an Agile environment
- Salesforce Service Cloud knowledge a plus
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experience
- Ability to learn quickly, be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a changing environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good communication skills to work across and up through the organization, including escalation and mitigation of issues, risks, and business impacts
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities and ability to use constraints as opportunities
- Working understanding of Agile, Scrum, Design Thinking, and Lean Startup principles
- Experience with Tableau and other reporting and analytics tools
- Minimum 4 years of application design and development experience
- 2+ years of working with clients and vendors developing solutions and supporting projects from requirements gathering to release management
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Salesforce Connect
- Understanding of REST, HTTP, MQ, JSON and XML.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.