R&D Associate (Histopathology)
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified histologist to join our Clinical Histology Core at Regeneron. The successful candidate will work on exciting projects directly related to all of our current clinical trial studies, including Immuno-Oncology, Inflammation and Infectious disease. Using cutting edge Immunohistochemistry and In situ Hybridization technologies, our goal is to provide our clinical colleagues with supporting evidence to help to understand how our immune-therapies help to treat and potentially cure patients suffering from a wide range of different cancers. You will work in a cross-functional environment, including close interaction with colleagues in Research and Translational Medicine.
As an R&D Associate, a typical day may include the following:
• Management of human tissues, sectioning of tissues, performing Immunohistochemistry and In situ Hybridization assays, whole slide imaging and management of image files for digital analysis
• Responsible for sectioning tissues including biopsy samples
• Experience with H&E staining on automated instruments and staining platforms and the maintenance of instruments and preparation of bulk solutions
• Responsible for the scanning of slides on automated slide scanner, QC'ing images and transferring files to the server as needed
• Responsible for the receipt of samples into a LIMS system (BSI), tracking and generation of derivatives in collaboration with the Scientists involved
• Updating of the LIMS to include shipment of samples to outside collaborators and vendors and tracking of the samples on completion of the assays
• Acquisition, Data entry, Generation of requisitions, Creation of derivatives, Report generation, Sample tracking, Process requests for Destruction of samples
This role may be for you if:
• You have proven histology skills and the desire to expand your skill set and learn new techniques
• You have a proven track record working with human FFPE tissue
• You possess a knowledge of IHC and In Situ Hybridization techniques on various automated instruments
• You are detail oriented, have strong organizational, computer and time management skills as well as the ability to work as part of a team and meet tight deadlines
To be considered for this role, you must have either an Associates Degree or a Bachelors degree with 3+ years of relevant experience. This role will involve receipt and management of Human Clinical Trial samples, commercially sourced normal and cancer tissue and fresh tissue samples received from Collaborators. Previous experience with sample management activities is a plus. Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) is desired and experience with BSI would be a plus. Experience with whole slide imaging of both chromogenic and fluorescently stained slides is desired. Superior computer skills including management and establishment of a searchable database.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.