Temp R&D Associate, VelocImmune (VI) Next
We seek a temporary molecular research associate to join VelocImmune (VI) Next.VI Next is an innovative technology development group that crafts and uses sophisticated mouse models and functional assays to study antibody, oligonucleotide, and cell-based therapies across various therapeutic areas in R&D.
In this role, a typical day may include:
• Constructing DNA targeting vectors using standard molecular biology techniques such as PCR, maxi prep, mini prep, restriction digests, Cas9 digests, Gibson assemblies, gel electrophoresis, sequence analysis
• Target vector linearization and purification for ES cell electroporation
• Screening targeted ES cells using PCR and/or Next Gen Sequencing (NGS)
• In-vitro plasmid testing by transient transfections of established cell lines and expression analysis through ELISAs, Western Blotting, and/or basic flow cytometry
• Assist in troubleshooting projects with the group
• Maintain accurate records in an electronic notebook
This role may be for you if you have:
• Good molecular biology knowledge and skills and want to apply them in building mouse models for developing, discovering, and improving industry-leading technologies and therapeutics
• A passion for tackling ambitious projects and seeing them to completion
• The ability to be flexible and multitask while handling shifting priorities.
• Excellent organizational skills with a keen attention to detail paired with superb communication, both verbal and written
To be considered for this role you must have a BS and 0-4 years of demonstrated ability or MS with 1-2 years of experience. You should have some molecular biology know-how and a proven understanding of genetics. Knowledge of sequence analysis software and web based genomic databases (Ensembl, NCBI, UCSC genome browser, SMART, etc.) is a big plus. A good grasp of immunology, TaqMan, and NGS is advantageous but not required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.