Scientist I/II, Cytometry
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Foundational Immunology Department is committed to advancing drug development through the deeper understanding of disease facilitated by deep molecular profiling. The Scientist will be responsible for developing and implementing new technologies to enable immuno-profiling of disease from human samples and preclinical models. The successful candidate will have a strong background in immunology and autoimmunity and a demonstrated ability to design, execute, troubleshoot, and interpret experiments independently. The successful candidate will have expertise in advanced Cytometry techniques such as high throughput cell staining, sorting, high dimensional cytometry. The ability to work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team, represent program-related work to senior management and external collaborators will be required.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory
- Independently design, execute, and interpret critical experiments to answer scientific questions
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve project hurdles by utilizing available information and technical expertise in multi-dimensional cytometry
- Analyze and document results, placing data in proper scientific context through review of relevant literature and report findings at team meetings
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, controlled drugs and radioactive compounds
- BS or MS in Biology or other related field with 5-7+ years (BS), or 2-5 years (MS) of industry or academic experience
- Expertise in cytometry staining, acquisition, and analysis
- Strong experience with instrument maintenance for CyTOF instruments (Fluidigm Helios) or flow cytometers (Cytek Aurora)
- Experienced in cell sorting and multicolor panel design
- Knowledge of basic immunology concepts
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary groups in a fast-paced discovery team setting
- Effectively communicate cross-functionally with team members throughout the organization
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral)
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.