AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly-motivated molecular or cell biologist, preferably with pharma/biotech experience, to join the Protein Degradation Platform Team in North Chicago, IL. This position is laboratory-based, requires strong experimental skills and the ability to effectively work in an integrated team environment. A proven track record in exploratory biology, particularly utilizing various ‘omic technologies and cell-based screening modalities, is preferred. This individual should thrive working with innovative technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in cell culture and cell line engineering
- Execute standard analytical protein monitoring assays (e.g., Western blot, ELISA, luminescence, immunofluorescence)
- Perform cellular functional assays (e.g., compound, biologic or genetic perturbation endpoints such as cell health, signal transduction, etc.,)
- Interact and collaborate with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to platform and pipeline projects
- Effectively communicate results to peers and senior research staff
Position will be hired based on level of experience and education.
- Bachelors or Masters in pharmacology, molecular/cell biology, biochemistry or related discipline
- Typically 5+ years (MS); or 7+ years (BS) of job-related experience; industry experience preferred
- Strong scientific foundation in the understanding and implementation of a wide range of cell-based assays and readouts
- Experience with automation and HTS/HCS instrumentation
- Familiarity with CRISPR, NGS, and proteomic workflows
- Proficient with data analysis software
- Highly self-motivated and curious; ability to independently design, execute, and troubleshoot experiments
- Exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently, yet works efficiently in teams to achieve objectives
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.