Director, Regulatory Affairs Advertising and Promotion
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Director RA, US Advertising and Promotion is responsible for the implementation of regulatory
advertising and promotion strategies for marketed and development compounds in alignment with the
overarching regulatory strategy and brand plan. The candidate must have a solid understanding of regulatory
advertising and promotion regulations, having had direct responsibility in this area. The candidate will
contribute to strategic planning for the department, and the departmental achievement of initiatives to meet
goals and plan. He/she will manage assigned projects and develop individual and team performance within
assigned franchise. The candidate will network and benchmarks outside of AbbVie to provide for best
practices and processes.
- Advises cross-functional teams on content and message consistency and best practices regarding planning and execution of marketing strategies.
- Responsible for the training of regulatory staff, as required.
- Provides regulatory guidance regarding advertising and promotional materials, new campaigns and launch strategies.
- Conducts review and approval of professional and direct to consumer advertising and promotion and providing comments to review teams.
- Position requires the ability to effectively lead and establish strong working relationships with cross-functional review teams, both internal and with co-promotional partners.
- Possesses strong working knowledge of DDMAC guidance and applies understanding to business situations.
- Makes and executes challenging decisions based upon sound regulatory knowledge, but also understands when a decision should be elevated to upper management for further consideration.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in science (biology, chemistry, microbiology, immunology, medical technology, pharmacy, pharmacology), is required
- Master’s, Ph.D. or Pharm D preferred
- Preferred Experience: 10 years of pharmaceutical experience
- 5 years advertising and promotion regulatory experience preferred but may consider medical/scientific affairs
- 5 years direct advertising and promotion review experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.