Principal Scientist- Laboratory Automation and Screening
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision transforming patients lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Principal Scientist to join the Antibody Platform Technology Automation and Screening team. This new role will be responsible for a collaborative team of scientists whowill interface with Discovery and Biology scientists to build innovative automation solutions across the Redwood City site. This will include learning and mapping processes to plan and build the appropriate automation solutions for the site.
- Lead a high performing team of laboratory automation scientists in the Discovery Biotherapeutics group
- Collaborate with scientists to learn and map experimental processes then advise, design, build, run, and maintain small to large automation systems across the site
- Build appropriately sized laboratory automation solutions including writing, optimizing, and simulating automated processes in modern scheduling software
- Mentor junior talent in developing laboratory automation tools, experimental design, and implementation of efficient automated laboratory processes
- Develop and implement routine maintenance, service, and calibration plans and record keeping
- Continually evaluate automation systems for process or instrumentation improvement
- Work closely with instrumentation and automation integrators to evaluate state of the art instruments and automation hardware and software for use to bring democratized automation to BMS
- Work closely with Screening and Assay development groups to utilize your laboratory automation platforms in the development of antibody molecules
- PhD with 5 years or MS with 5 years of relevant industry experience in Laboratory Automation, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Protein Engineering, Cell Biology, or related discipline
- Strong knowledge and experience designing, building, optimizing, running, and maintaining well thought-out laboratory automation from semi- to a full-automation solutions
- Experience with automation scheduling software such as PerkinElmer Plate::Works, ThermoFisher Momentum, HighRes Cellario preferred.
- Strong knowledge in and experience designing, optimizing and automating innovative biological assays
- Experience in the areas of antibody discovery, protein expression and purification, and molecular and cellular biology, a plus.
- Experience in managing a diverse set of reports, a plus.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.