Scientist I, Formulation
The Scientist I, Formulation is responsible for conceptualizing lipid nanoparticle formulation improvements and executing the various activities of the formulations group. These activities include providing lipid nanoparticle formulations for discovery programs, supporting pharmacology and toxicology studies utilizing in vitro and in vivo model systems, formulation process development and troubleshooting, and technology transfer to internal and external teams.Specific Responsibilities
- Identify and prepare novel formulations to further corporate goals.
- Ensure all formulations conform to strict QC and release criteria.
- Conduct and interpret experiments to enable process development of various formulations.
- Write detailed protocols and reports for novel formulation processes.
- Partner closely with colleagues conducting formulation evaluations, PK/PD, and Tox studies in vitro and in vivo.
- Provide formulations expertise and insights to various interdisciplinary teams.
- Be accountable for on-time delivery of formulations and results across multiple projects.
- Communicate research and development findings across the organization.
- Ph.D. with 0-2 years post-graduate laboratory experience in nanoparticle formulation development, nucleic acid therapeutics, or drug delivery.
- Strong foundation in chemistry, nanotechnologies for formulation design, nucleic acid therapeutics, and general pharmaceutical product research is required.
- Experience with process development of complex mixtures a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-paced scientific environment.