Associate Director, Business Development
Department: Business Development
Location: Brisbane or Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
The Associate Director, Business Development will serve as a key member of the Business Development team, working closely with cross functional partners to progress initiatives that support the corporate objectives. These initiatives include in-licensing, out-licensing, and corporate strategy activities.
The successful candidate will play an important role in the exploration and expansion of new business development opportunities across a broad range of therapeutic areas and technology platforms including partnering of existing programs, R&D collaborations, and enabling technology collaborations. S/he will support sourcing, evaluation and diligence activities for a number of strategic partnerships across biopharma, contract organizations, and academia.
The role will require strong organization and planning skills; the ability to coordinate complex R&D, product development and business development processes; and the ability to work effectively with broad cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with business development colleagues and broader cross-functional project team to build enterprise value through the execution of strategic alliances and licensing transactions
- Establish strong working relationships with cross-functional stakeholders from research, technology, program management, manufacturing, clinical, commercial, legal and finance
- Effectively provide comprehensive business planning and project management support to the business development team as an active team member
- Lead preparation for meetings and calls, including scheduling, creation of agendas and preparation materials, and final distribution of presentations
- Prepare materials for, and participate in BD meetings. Develop meeting minutes to help pull-through action items and follow-up with team members
- Work with internal research, development, commercial and finance experts to support target and product evaluation, due diligence, product development plans and budgets for proposed partnerships
- Support the overall product and deal evaluation process, leading key workstreams including technical/scientific assessments, analysis of competitive landscapes, and financial modeling
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree in science discipline required; advanced degree in life sciences preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of biopharma industry experience and 2 years of business development experience
- Advanced financial modelling skills and slide development expertise required
- Refined interpersonal skills, with deep experience working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Organized with polished written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail and project pull through
- Ability to focus, multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines. Comfort working in a fast-paced environment while managing large workloads. Flexibility to adjust to dynamic priorities
- Knowledge of biopharma product development and commercialization experience; cell and gene therapy focus is a plus
- Brings strong integrity, work ethic, intelligence and energy to the company and the role
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.