Senior Product Marketing Manager - Synthetic Biology
Pave Talent is hiring two full-time Senior Product Marketing Managers for our client in the Synthetic Biology space. We have one opening on the instrument side and another opening on the Reagents & Consumables side.
Our client is a one-of-a-kind synthetic biotech company developing revolutionary synthetic genomics platforms that accelerate advances in drug discovery, precision medicine, DNA data storage, and industrial design. They are a start-up offering equity in the form of stock options and the benefit of working for a 100 person company where your impact is seen daily.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, this role will own all aspects of upstream and downstream product marketing directed primarily towards the needs of laboratories leveraging synthetic biology for the drug discovery and development of biologics and vaccines. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic entrepreneurial work ethic and will work closely with Research & Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing.
Upstream product marketing
- New business opportunity identification inclusive of market research & analysis, business case creation, and solution/product definition.
- Pricing and acquisition model analysis and definition.
- The creation of all product launch and launch readiness assets, tools, and
- infrastructure necessary for successful launch execution.
- • Lead and partner with cross-functional core teams through the product
- development / stage-gate process for assigned NPI products.
Downstream Product Marketing
- The creation of the go-to-market strategy including:
- Messaging and positioning
- Metrics, KPIs, and performance management activities
- Associated tactical plan and calendar
- The creation of sales playbooks and toolkits
- Lead and partner with the commercial team to define and execute aspects of the Annual Operating Plan associated with assigned products by defining:
- Opportunities to exploit and barriers to overcome
- Key initiatives and their necessary strategic and tactical plans
- Key metrics and tracking global sales performance
- Regional commercial strategies to achieve business objectives.
- Prior Product Marketing Management in one of the following areas:
- Synthetic Biology
- Next-Generation Sequencing
- Reagents and Consumables
- Documented results and demonstrated ability in upstream marketing projects
(primary and secondary research, business case creation, make/buy analysis, NPI
product definition, stage-gate process, pricing, and launch activities)
- Documented results and demonstrated ability in downstream marketing projects
(go to market strategy, UVP, messaging, and positioning, inbound and outbound
marketing, asset creation, sales playbooks and toolkits)
- Travel Required: 25%